Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shay

The first couple of weeks we were here, there was a student with us who is going for his Master's degree at Brandeis University. He is married and a father of two, so he was here for the short ulpan before going home to his family and school. But the first time I was in Jerusalem, I learned how knowledgeable of Israel he is because we toured the ramparts of the old city and he was a better tour guide than anyone we could have gotten. He will be TA-ing in my major back at Brandeis and so I am eager to maybe be able to take his classes...I can learn a lot from him.
The reason why I am sharing this on my blog is because in the JERUSALEM POST today, there was an article about the very same Shay I am talking about! How cool!

Please read it...he is an inspiring person and a role-model for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment