Saturday, December 19, 2009

הודות בנצי ואת רקפת!

For those of you that don't read hebrew, the title of this article is "thanks to Benzi and Rakefet," and thanks indeed they do deserve. Lots of it!
At least once a month since we've been here, Benzi and Rakafet, two OSP students very happily engaged to be married in Febuary, have opened up their homes and hearts to us for various Shabbat occasions: services, prayer, meals and company. They have been gracious and kind to everyone and anyone that comes. From a personal point of view, their Shabbats have given me the sense of community and unification that I have been missing from not being home for Shabbat, and for that I cannot thank them enough.
One tradition from these Shabbats that I love is offering a ברכה (bracha--blessing) for someone else in the room. Benzi and Rakefet have given so much to this group that I don't think one bracha is enough, but I am offering one to them from the bottom of my heart and with all my soul.
As you continue on the path you're on, Benzi and Rakefet, may you always walk together in peace, health, and love. And, may you find always find success, happiness and safety in what you do.

Thanks guys, for everything! I'm gonna miss you!!
Shalom, Cheers and Peace,
Staci

1 comment:

  1. thanks much! the brachah game is an alteration of something my rabbi from Aish did once at his house. hopefully we'll see you back in israel soon!

    ps- i was thinking about printing out light one candle to sing this week, but i didnt have time/didnt want to use so much paper

    ReplyDelete